Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My name is Gossip.

My name is Gossip.

I gather strength with age.

The more I am quoted,
The more I am believed.

I flourish at every level of society.

My victims are helpless.
I have no respect for justice.
I break hearts and ruin lives.

I am cunning, malicious

They cannot protect themselves
Against me because
I have no name and no face.

To track me down is impossible.
The harder you try, the more
Elusive I become.

I am nobody's friend.

Once I tarnish a reputation,
It is never the same.

I topple governments and
Wreck marriages.
I ruin careers and cause
Sleepless nights, heartaches
And indigestion.
I spawn suspicion
And generate grief.

I make innocent people cry
In their pillows.
Even my name hisses.

I am called GOSSIP.
Office gossip-
Shop gossip-
Party gossip-
Telephone gossip.
I make Headlines
And
Headaches.
REMEMBER,
You repeat a story,
Ask yourself:
Is it true?
Is it fair?
Is it necessary??
If not,
Do NOT repeat it.
KEEP QUIET!

Locked_In
People will forget what you said,
People will forget what you did,
But, people will never forget
How you made them feel!

No comments: